Thursday 31 October 2013

Dating Gym

As much as I am an open book, putting myself into situations where I can fail scare me. This goes with training and dating. Starting new work out plans or at a new gym, would freaks me out. I love to be the best and when I could potentially fail, sometimes I back out of the situation. This is how I’m feeling about going on my date tomorrow. Over the summer I was talking with someone that told me I was special, that we will always be friends no matter what but when it came down to it, I realized I wasn’t special. This put me in a situation where I failed, just added more to my fears of failure. So I sit here on the eve of my date with Brian and I am thinking of reasons not to go.  I would rather go to the gym and this leads me to where I am right now, can I just date gym?

The gym is the one place I’ve develop confidence in lately.  I walk in, never knowing what work out our training has set up for us and I feel that no matter what, even if I try, I cannot fail. I wish I could say this about dating. I know what I want and I know what I deserve but having the confidence to walk into a date and be myself, is lacking. All I can do at this point is suck it up and know that life is not going to be perfect. In order to win/learn, you must fail along the way. So even though I’d love to date gym the rest of my life, let’s be honest, it cannot satisfy all my needs! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment